Conventional medicine is based on a histopathological approach to diagnosis and treatment. In other words, mainstream medical services identify patterns of disease, name the patterns (make a diagnosis, like high blood pressure or migraine headache), then treat the symptoms of the disease, using drugs or surgery.
Some integrative medical practitioners may incorporate natural products (like herbs, vitamins, amino acids, homeopathic…) in addition to drugs to treat symptoms. Regardless, of the type of method employed to treat disease, this type of treatment is considered the practice of medicine, and only medical doctors (or their supervised subordinates) can legally do this.
At MD Wellness, we take a different approach. The patient is evaluated for metabolic imbalances (like autonomic imbalance or anabolic-catabolic imbalance), and the imbalances are then addressed using an objective, analytical approach. Since diseases and symptoms are not being treated, this type of practice can not truly be described as a medical treatment.
Insurance companies rely on histopathologic diagnosis in their decision to reimburse patients and pay doctors for their services. Therefore, attempting to give a diagnostic code to a treatment aimed at restoring metabolic balance could be interpreted as insurance fraud. Therefore, we can not accept medical insurance at MD Wellness. Nor can we submit your claim to your insurance policy.
That being said, lack of insurance coverage should not deter you from seeking treatment for your problems. Most patients are under the impression that they will be unable to afford treatment if it is not covered. Nothing can be further from the truth. Whereas conventional medical treatments (and many “alternative treatments”) can cost thousands to tens of thousands of dollars, the treatment at MD Wellness is much less.
Typical patients can expect to spend anywhere from $975-$2950 for their treatment. This includes the cost of all supplements and tests.
All of our services are based on an hourly rate of $450/hr. A typical patient can expect the following costs: Initial visit is at least 90 minutes, up to 150 minutes (depending on complexity of the case), $675--$1125; and subsequent visits are 30-90 minutes, $225--$675. There may be as few as one subsequent visit to as many as several, and the time for each visit will vary, depending on the course of treatment. All of the in-office testing that is done is included with this hourly rate. There will be an additional cost for recommended supplements approximately $100--$500, also dependent upon the course of treatment. Total cost for treatment is $975--$2950.
The service fees may be reimbursable under flexible medical spending accounts and as a tax deduction. We also offer interest free financing for 6-12 months through Care Credit. If you are interested in Care Credit, please visit www.carecredit.com or call 1-800-365-8295 and see if you qualify!
It is important that this test reflects your body chemistry without interference or effects from drugs, supplements and chemicals.
1. No Tylenol, Advil, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Aleve, Nyquil, Benadryl, or any other over the counter (OTC) medications for 3 days.
2. No coffee, tea, cola or chocolate for 24 hours.
3. No soda or other carbonated beverages for 12 hours.
4. No gum chewing, candy, cough drops, breath fresheners for ½ hour
Regarding the use of nutritional supplements:
1. Activator will not have any effect on the results and may be taken.
2. If I recommended a supplement for you to take go ahead and take it, however, you must know exactly which supplements you took. Please don’t arrive saying, “I took all the stuff you wanted me to take” I will ask you precisely what you took and when you took it. You must be prepared to give me a precise answer. This will expedite the process.
3. If you are taking supplements on your own (which you should not be doing anyway). Definitely DO NOT TAKE THEM for 3 days before the test.
Regarding the use of prescription drugs:
1. Try to limit your prescription drug use as much as possible.
2. If you take a drug in the morning, delay the morning dose until after your test (if possible).
3. If you take a drug in the evening, skip that dose the night before the test (if possible).
4. If you have any questions, call the office.
Please be ready to give a urine sample on your arrival to the clinic. However, Do NOT drink excessive amounts of water in the morning, drink normal, healthy amounts. Excessive water intake will affect the results.
For information on Metabolically Directed Functional Testing, click here.
The doctor prefers that your wear a short sleeved shirt or a shirt that provides easy access to your upper arm.
New patients will pay a 25% deposit for their visit at the time they make their initial appointment.
At MD Wellness, we understand that sometimes true emergencies arise that require last minute changes to your schedule. True emergencies will not be subject to the aforementioned fees.
Our services are very scarce and valuable. We strive to treat every person with great care, compassion and respect. We expect our patients to reciprocate by treating us the same way.
Arrive 20 minutes prior to your first visit to complete a health history form, to undress, and to drape. For doctor’s appointment arrive 15 minutes to fill out health history form.
Products cannot be returned if opened or damaged.
You would be surprised. While treatments can sometimes become expensive, the general response is that our services are much cheaper than you would think. Start off with an initial consultation and we can provide an estimate regarding the potential costs involved.